About Keio Medical Science Prize
- Announcements of the 23rd Keio Medical Science Prize
Keio Medical Science Prize Laureate 2018
- The Call for 23rd Nomination has started.
- For details
- Nomination Form
The Keio Medical Science Prize gives recognition to the outstanding and creative achievements of researchers
in the fields of medicine and life sciences,
in particular those contributing to scientific developments in medicine.
It aims to promote worldwide advances in medicine and life sciences,
to encourage the expansion of researcher networks throughout the world, and to contribute to the well-being of humankind.
Laureates receive a certificate of merit, medal, and a monetary award.
The award ceremony and commemorative lectures are held at Keio University.
2018 Prize Laureates
Feng Zhang, Ph.D.
Reasons for Selection:
Development of CRISPR/Cas system in mammalian cells and application for medical science
Masashi Yanagisawa, M.D., Ph.D.
Reasons for Selection:
Elucidation of sleep control mechanisms and applications in drug discovery
Past Prize Laureates
Please submit nomination materials online through the Nomination Form.
Nomination Form is opened during end of January to early March.
Nomination for the Keio Medical Science Prize 2018
Please refer to the Guidelines for Making a Nomination below for more detailed information.／ The call for nominations has closed.
Guidelines for Making a Nomination
Past Guidelines for Making a Nomination
Guidelines for Making a Nomination (2017)
The Keio Medical Science Prize Selection Committee, consisting of Japanese academics and researchers,
is charged with reviewing candidates' research activities and making a recommendation to the Board of Directors.
Nominees must be researchers in medicine or life sciences closely related to medicine,
and preferably currently active in their field of research.
The Keio Medical Science Prize is an international award.
- An invitation is sent out to academics and researchers all over the world each year,
inviting them to nominate a candidate for the Prize.
- The Committee reviews the nominations and submits a recommendation to the Board.
- The Board makes the final decision and formally announces the laureate(s).
(Subject to Change)
- Call for Nominations: Late January
- Deadline for Nominations: Early March
- Prize Announcement: Mid-September
- Award Ceremony: November or December at Keio University