About Keio Medical Science Prize
- Award Ceremony and commemorative lectures of The Keio Medical Science Prize 2019
Award Ceremony and Events
The award ceremony and commemorative lectures will be held on December 19, 2019 at Keio University Shinanomachi Campus.
【Award Ceremony and Commemorative Lectures】
Hans C. Clevers, M.D., Ph.D.
・Professor in Molecular Genetics, University Medical Center Utrecht
・Principal Investigator at Hubrecht Institute of the Royal Netherlands Academy and at Princess Máxima Center for Pediatric Oncology
Tadamitsu Kishimoto, M.D., Ph.D.
・Professor, Immunology Frontier Research Center, Osaka University
Date & Time: December19, 2019, 14:00-17:30
Venue: ２F Kitasato Memorial Medical Library, Keio University Shinanomachi Campus, Tokyo, Japan
Language: English and Japanese Simultaneous translation available (English-Japanese/Japanese-English)
Admission: Open to the public
- Announcement of the 24th Keio Medical Science Prize
- The call for the 24th nominations has closed.
Thank you for the large number of excellent nominations we received!
The Keio Medical Science Prize gives recognition to the outstanding and creative achievements of researchers
in the fields of medicine and life sciences,
in particular those contributing to scientific developments in medicine.
It aims to promote worldwide advances in medicine and life sciences,
to encourage the expansion of researcher networks throughout the world, and to contribute to the well-being of humankind.
Laureates receive a certificate of merit, medal, and a monetary award.
The award ceremony and commemorative lectures are held at Keio University.
2019 Prize Laureates
Reasons for Selection:
Wnt signaling in Stem Cells and Organogenesis
Reasons for Selection:
IL-6: From Molecule to Medicine
Past Prize Laureates
Please submit nomination materials online through the Nomination Form.
Nomination Form is opened during end of January to early March.
The Keio Medical Science Prize Selection Committee, consisting of Japanese academics and researchers,
is charged with reviewing candidates' research activities and making a recommendation to the Board of Directors.
Nominees must be researchers in medicine or life sciences closely related to medicine,
and preferably currently active in their field of research.
The Keio Medical Science Prize is an international award.
- An invitation is sent out to academics and researchers all over the world each year,
inviting them to nominate a candidate for the Prize.
- The Committee reviews the nominations and submits a recommendation to the Board.
- The Board makes the final decision and formally announces the laureate(s).
(Subject to Change)
- Call for Nominations: Late January
- Deadline for Nominations: Early March
- Prize Announcement: Mid-September
- Award Ceremony: November or December at Keio University